Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Princess Teacher

I had a dream last night that I had to cancel this blog, because... my sweet husband was actually a prince (and he waited until after we were married to tell me that??). So I became a princess and had to go off and learn how to rule a kingdom, wear exquisite clothes, and have great hair. And really, who has time for blogging in the middle of all that?

Then I woke up and remembered that I'm not a princess, but a teacher, which is the second-best thing.

I got my student teaching placement for next semester! Because I'm dual majoring in elementary ed and special ed, I have two 30-day placements. The first one is in Escalante Valley Elementary School. Great school! I've gone to a workshop with some of their teachers, and they were excellent! I am very excited for my placement, but not very excited to drive all the way out there (45 minutes) every day. Hopefully I can carpool with some other student teachers.

Cute little school!

It's only, you know, 35 miles away.

Surrounded by farmland.

Case closed.

They have one teacher for each grade level at Escalante Valley, so I'll be student teaching the whole third grade. All 15 of them. Stoked for the class! Not so much for the drive. But I'm excited!

After that, I'll be going to Cedar High School for my special ed placement. Last time I spent a day in their special ed program, I LOVED it! I actually requested that placement for my student teaching, and I am so glad they put me there. I really look forward to student teaching next semester! (And graduating after that!)

1 comment:

  1. My grandpa was the principal of the elementary school in Beryl years and years ago. He was also the 5th and 6th grade teacher. (They combined two grades back then.) My grandma was the Kindergarten teacher, school secretary, and lunch lady, and my mom's whole family were the janitors. :) It's small but I'm sure you will love it and will be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete