Thursday, September 27, 2012

"You're Going to Love It"

Today after I was done teaching at the elementary school, I heard a girl behind me say to a friend:

"It's called oxidation. It's what happens when rocks rust. You're going to love it when you're in 5th grade!"

Total. Win.

I just had to ask the girl who her teacher was so I could share! I knew she'd love to hear that story.

Apparently the 5th grade field trip to Cedar Breaks today was a success!


In other news, today I...
  • Wrote a song about the writing process in 3 minutes
  • Received a homemade paper sea turtle
  • Had to cheat off a student's multiplication sheet so I didn't look stupid while teaching math (don't judge. The multiplication tables for 8 are tough!)
  • Tipped my hat to the people who market Bugles. I approve of the pun on the back of their bag: "Other Snacks are Pointless!" Darcie, I know you're with me on this one.
  • Witnessed a marriage proposal (Hey! Another kind of "rock".... heh heh... Give me some butter, I'm on a roll.) Congratulations to the happy couple! It was like a scene straight out of a movie.
In all, a pretty great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment